2008
I had this brainstorm the other day to look back over the photos I took throughout 2008. I decided to pick out the ones that made the biggest impact on us as a family and share them with you.
* January - We started off the new year with a big bang. I was determined to put a bed skirt under our waterbed mattress. What a mess I made. Actually, Karl helped and then the boys wanted to help and with the 3 of them pushing the mattress up so I could slip the skirt under the mattress...well, you get the picture. The mattress ended up on the floor, upside down! Next thing I know Karch is working the frontend loader of the tractor outside our bedroom window to pull the mattress up. Long story short...we ended up sleeping in the basement for a week while we gave the entire bedroom a complete makeover!
Throughout January - March, Conner played basketball through the Upward program. He had a lot of energy and played his little heart out. Good job, Conner!
* February - This month was a big trial for me. But I'm praising God for seeing me through it. We had just picked up a better health insurance Feb. 1st. On Feb. 4th, I slipped on the icy driveway and broke my elbow. God was so good during that time. Not only did we not have to pay a hefty price on our deductable, but I had NO pain. The 8 days of waiting for the surgery was worse than the actually accident. Halfway through those 8 days, Karl & Karch came down with the flu. Conner & I ended up moving in with my parents so we wouldn't get sick. I couldn't risk missing my scheduled surgery. But as I said before, God was with me through it all. I had no problems with the surgery and the prognosis was good. The 2 weeks after I got my splint off were a little up and down. My elbow was so stiff that I couldn't even feed myself with that arm. The Dr. told me to see a physical therapist and in 3 weeks I was released from P/T! I took the challenge of gaining my range of motion very seriously. I still can't straighten my arm and lock my elbow, but I can use it normally. It is still tender if I bang it hard. I go to see my Dr. in Feb. '09.
My lovely incision.
No comments:
Post a Comment