Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME

WOW!
Now I'm starting to feel it...it is sinking in. Although this is not a milestone birthday, I am now at the halfway mark before I get to the next milestone year. And I'm feeling a little OLD. When I look back on my adult years I can't help but think, "Where did the time go?"
"Wasn't it just yesterday that I met Karl?" Or, "Karch can't be 11 yrs. old already, can he?"
***
But I really shouldn't be complaining about my age...it is life and God has allowed me to still be ALIVE!! So for that reason alone I am celebrating. I'm celebrating because...

#1 I am a healthy mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc.

#2 I have been blessed with a terrific family that loves me & prays for me, and

#3 I have Christ as my Lord & Savior!

I had a nice day with Karl and the boys and enjoyed watching the snow fall. We went to our friends' home for dinner and cake. I was showered with chocolates, a reading light and gift cards. So really, life couldn't get any better than this!


You know you're getting old when your friends only dig out 1 candle for your cake! But at least I had 2 cakes!!


No comments: