Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Candle in the Rain"

This blog entry is rather different than my usual posts. I will not be showing photos of the house or the pets or the boys, but I will be sharing what is on my heart. Just last week I stumbled upon another blog that literally blew me away. In this blog, the writer openly shared her faith in God through the struggles of losing a child. She is so grateful to God for allowing her and her husband to have only 6 days with their child. And here I am, with 2 healthy boys and I find myself complaining about their runny noses or headaches. After reading her blog, I felt ashamed and realized that I needed to adjust my attitude. I was so touched that I left her a comment and sent her the words to a song that really describes her. I wanted to share that song on my blog, too, because they are so fitting to anything that Satan tries to brings us down with. I wish I could add this song to my playlist, but I couldn't find it. So here are the words to
"Candle in the Rain" by 4Him.

Heartbreak comes, steals the color from my sky, blue & white fade to black & gray.
Clouds collide, & tears fill up my eyes, storm winds steal the words I want to pray.
Deep inside there is a flame called faith, & though tear drops fall, there is a choice
I have made.

Chorus: I will dare to dream about tomorrow
I will hold to hope through all of the pain
I will never surrender to the sorrow
I will be a candle in the rain

So I'll go on a light that's burning in the dark, reaching out to others all around.
And though the lightning strikes & the thunder rolls, I have no doubt, God is in
control.

Chorus

Bridge: I will trust that life is more than just what I see before me
And a bright new day is up ahead, another chapter in the story.

Chorus

How awesome is that song?! Everytime I hear it, I cry. God is so good, no matter what we have to go through. He is always bigger than our problems. Although I have no "major" problems at this point in my life, I want to let my light shine for Him. Because if I can do it now, then when the problems do come, I will be able to keep on going in His strength.

No comments: