Like my blog says..."From house to family...the Careys are ALWAYS under construction!" Well this next "construction", or should I say, "re"construction phase had to do with ME...my body! On Feb. 4, I slipped on the ice on our driveway before going to school and broke my elbow. OUCH!! My arm was splinted at the ER and in a few days I met with the surgeon. He had my elbow resplinted(into a more comfy postition) and scheduled surgery 6 days later. In the meantime, both Karl and Karch caught the flu, so to not delay my surgery, Conner and I spent 4 nights at my parents' house. The surgery went ahead as scheduled and everything went well. My arm was splinted again, and I really didn't have a lot of pain. Six days after surgery, I went back for a follow-up appointment where my splint was FINALLY removed. I have begun painful exercises to restore my range of motion, hoping to not need physical therapy in the future. In all, I missed 2 1/2 weeks of school (I did enjoy just lounging around and watching tv all day). But all said and done, if it weren't for my superbly loving & dedicated husband, caring friends & family, and my relationship with God, this "reconstruction project" would have been completely disasterous.
I'm ready to move to Florida!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment