Going into the cruise, the stop at Costa Maya interested me the least. There were some fun things to do, like take a dune buggy down the coast and stop for a swim in the ocean. But "Mr. I Don't Like the Beach", aka Karl, wanted to go see some Mayan ruins. Even though we were planning on seeing some ruins on our last stop I decided to do what he wanted. Gotta keep the peace, you know! We decided to see the ruins at Chacchoben, about a 45 minute bus ride. So, we got off the boat and did some very quick shopping for the boys and my class just off the pier before standing in the hot sun to wait for our tour to begin. As you scroll down and see all the pics of this excursion you will see that I am glad we did it!
This is where we stood for what seems like forever before our tour departed.
I was sad to see the poor conditions in which these people had to live. Very small, dirty places. Everyone had their own little fruit stand along the road trying to make some money from the tourists.
No comments:
Post a Comment