Most of you know that Karch was named after the former professional beach volleyball player Karch Kiraly. Within the last year I was trying to do some research on the famous Karch when I discovered that his real name is NOT Karch. What a shock that was!! His real name is Charles Frederick Kiraly. (No wonder "Karch" is not listed in any baby books...it's a totally made-up name!) I told Karch this bit of info on his namesake so he thought that Charles Frederick was now his real name. After better explaining it I was able to convince him that his real name is still Karch, but that if he wanted a nickname we could call him "Chuck". So every once in awhile I call him Chuck just to be funny.
Today on the way home from school I called him Chuck and Conner asked me to come up with a nickname for him. I thought for awhile and the first name that popped into my head was "Pete". Conner said, "Pete, was does that mean?" I told him it was short for Peter and that I thought he looked like a Pete. He didn't have any objections to it so Pete it is!
It was funny when we got home then. The boys couldn't remember what their names were and once I reminded them, they thought for sure that I had mixed up their names. So tell me...why did I spend so much time and energy trying to pick out the perfect, not-so-common name, just to have my kids want an everyday, normal name?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Funny story.
My kids once asked me what I would have named them if their names were not Nicholas and Rachel. When we were picking names for Nick we were going to name him Brett..but then decided on Nicholas at the last minute. When we were picking names for Rachel we were also concidering Rebecca. They both said ..."why didn't you pick the other name?!?!" They both like the OTHER name better!!
kids..... the joys of being a parent!!!
That is so funny! Say hi to Chuck and Pete for us:)
Post a Comment